Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day 2007

Mother's day was nice. The kids surprised me with an iPod that Pete bought which was totally predictable since I said I was going to buy one last week. I don't want to come off as sounding totally ungrateful or anything but I would have much rather had "a day off" for a change. Nothing material. You know? No cooking, cleaning, tidying up after the kids, no laundry....etc. The only thing Pete did for me was make me an espresso after lunch.

He was out the whole morning with Mike (his new business partner). Looking at a potential job isn't what I would consider a good start to mother's day. He knew I wasn't too happy about that but I let it go and wasn't going to let it ruin my day.

We went to visit my mom and dad late that afternoon and left around 8:30 or so. Pete's mom went on some church retreat or something so we didn't see her all weekend which is kinda sad because we had just found out that her sister in Italy passed away just recently. Pete had no remorse about not seeing his own mom for mother's day that we had a bit of an arguement about it and I, once again...let it go.

The highlight of my day was when Danica gave me the beautiful craft she made at school. She used a small log and used a glue gun to put thistles on it which looked like porcupines kissing. She used sunflower seeds for ears. Around the porcupines she glued shells and potpourri and a piece of eucalyptus plant which made it smell real pretty. It was really unique. They make the most memorable things for mother's day at school.


Danica had a PA day from school. She's with me right now (at work) after spending the morning with her Dad at the shop and bugging me every 5 minutes for whatever she can entertain herself with for the next hour or so. She has already stolen my stapler, my highlighters, envelopes, courier slips, a note pad and my calculator. She wanted my phone and my computer but I'm not too sure that would have gone well with my boss. lol

Trin

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, you're way out ahead of me... No iPod here. You gotta keep me up to speed with all this new fangled stuff.

I really know what you mean about giving the gift of "a day off". On Jean's special days, I try my best to bend over backwards to make her feel spoiled. It's a difficult position, but with a lot of practice and a good health plan, it can be mastered...

That gift from Danica sounds like magic! She seems like the creative and artistic type. I hope she continues and flourishes, if that direction makes her happy.

It sounds like you have your hands full right now... Hope this comment makes you smile.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home