Thursday, March 15, 2007

March Break Madness...

I've just spent 3 days with my ungrateful kids.

I'm so upset with them.
Monday we went to play glow-in-the-dark mini golf and brought their cousins along with us. Half way through, Juliana was more interested in climbing the rocks and getting in the way of other players than playing herself. I really couldn't blame her. She's only 4 and it was mid afternoon (her usual rest time). When we got home I had to punish Danica for not listening and talking back to me.

Tuesday I brought both of them to watch a play. Again, half way through, Juliana got restless and couldn't sit still. Understood....yet again. But Danica complained about everything under the sun and constantly fought with her sister. Both of them tested my patience. Even at home I've noticed that I've had to repeat myself several times before I can get her to do anything.

Wednesday came and I thought I'd make the best out of the last day I had with them so after having a productive morning of cleaning and laundry, I decided to take them both to watch Bridge to Terabithia at the theater. I brought plenty of snacks which they ate most of in the first 15 minutes of the movie. I think it was toward the last 1/2 hour of the movie, Juliana was getting restless again and so I told her that we'd get some ice cream afterwards if she was good.
I kept getting frustrated as she continuously interrupted me and the people around us. When we finally left I drove to a cafe/ice cream place where I could get myself a cappuccino and Danica complained about the place, she complained about her sister, she complained about everything! Needless to say, she didn't get any ice cream and Pete and I had to punish her again when we got home.

I was so disappointed with my decision to give them anything because they seem to take everything for granted. They want everything have everything and don't realize how lucky they are to have it. I really wanted to have fun with them on my 3 days off but feel as if it was ruined because of their selfishness.

I had wished last night that I could have taken everything away from them (including myself) just to show them how happy they should be and how terrible they've been treating me.

I feel so.....used. Danica's not even a teen yet. I guess that was just a little taste of what's to come. God give me strength.

Trin

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've always felt that parents need the patience of a Saint to deal with all that's involved with raising children, and that mothers get the brunt of it. Sorry to hear that your little darlings are being such a pain in the ass.

I know you love them more than life itself, but that doesn't change how difficult your job as a Mom really is. Especially when despite your best efforts, they're being brats anyway. Hang in there! (I know, easy for me to say...)

Thanks for your encouragement on Bo. Turns out he's going to be just fine!

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home