Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Hotter than Havana...

It's officially hotter than Havana Cuba here in Toronto today. It was recorded to be 36 degrees while only 32 in Havana. An unbelievably, incredibly, unremarkably HOT day. Detroit and Chicago are the only two cities hotter than T.O. today.

It's so unbearable that I decided not to work out today. The air conditioning in the gym here at work isn't working and the actual room is on the second floor so it's hotter and smellier come to think of it, than a hooker with boots in there.... And, there's no friggen way you'd even catch me outside in the shade today so forget going walking.
I once did my cardio in the gym when it ws 32 degrees outside. Manny was weight training the same time. We both shook our heads after looking at each other because it was so damn hot and I said "We must be really dedicated to be working out today". He said, "Yeah, either dedicated or stupid". LOL I had to laugh at that one.

I made a big mistake yesterday and chose to cut the lawn late evening. Who knew it would still be that hot. By the time I finished, I was soaked from head to toe in sweat. Talk about a workout.

It's even hot in the office today and the air is on. I can't imagine how the guys in the pressroom do it. We did get a couple of huge fans in earlier but what good is that? All that does is blow hot air everwhere.

I just got a call from Pete. He's basically ruined. He's such an idiot. I can't believe he didn't close down the shop at noon and called it a day. Oh...I forgot. He's a workaholic. I guess some people think the time to quit is after they get sick. Well, I can't rag out on him too much. He's a sweetheart for letting me go to the JB concert in October even though I've already gone in March.
Met two boardies who have decided to come with me. Maia and Karren will probably be meeting up with me there. I can hardly wait!

Trin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home