Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Football bets

I'm surprisingly doing well in the Def Leppard soccer game pool. You get 3 points if you determine the score of the game and 1 point if you determine who wins. I've managed to get myself 21 points even though I've missed betting in the first 4 games. The highest score so far goes to PaperSun with 27 points. So, statistically I'm doing alright. Funny for a girl who doesn't know anything about soccer.

Apparently the winner will receive a call from one of the Leppards. When I began the betting, I never thought I'd have a chance at winning. There could be a slim possibility that I could now. Errr.....nevermind. I don't want to jinx myself. There's no way I'll ever win.

Things are well at home for once. Except .....Pete found out that I'm coming into a bit of money. Now he wants to blow it all on two dominators for his race car because he's "not happy" with how much power it's making with the two carbs he has on it now. I told him I'd give him the money on two conditions....that we'd buckle down after the summer's over to put as much money toward our mortgage as possible. Ummm.....and if he says it's ok for me to see the Lepp's in September. I thought the best time to tell him that I've already purchased the tickets to the show in Buffalo would be when I hand him the "scratch". Yeah yeah...so I have to butter him up a bit before telling him. So what? You've done it too. Don't lie!

Trin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home