Thursday, March 02, 2006

Surviving on 4 hours of z's

I was actually shocked that I got up so easily this morning. I had about 4 hours sleep after a night out with my sister last night. Mind you, it's about noon now and I'm feeling it.

When my sister Stella and I engage in a conversation she does 99% of the talking...lol We (she) must have talked for 4 hours! lol

We had a great date night. We had a latte and cappuccino at the Williams Cafe right down the road from her house. The atmosphere was quiet when we got there but got busier as the night went on.
We sat in my car after enjoying our drinks and had a smoke or two...or three. We talked about my upcoming surgery, our kids, our husbands, the decisions we've made and haven't made. When the initial small talk was out of the way she mentioned that she had something important to tell me so I tried coaxing it out of her because she seemed hesitant. As I sat there wondering, she tells me what seemed to be one of the most nicest, sweetest and romantic stories anyone could listen to.

To sum up what took 4hrs to tell me (and I won't get into the details), when you boil it down, she's basically flirting with a guy on-line. Both my sister and her hubby have known this guy Conrad for years. He has installed the satellilte for them and various other of my family members and friends. My sister found out that just last year he apparently caught his wife in bed with another man, they separated, she took their one son and moved to Thunder Bay where he can only see him now through a web cam. Anyway, the sad story of this man's life apparently caught on my sister's heartstrings. She was always one to give support to anyone or anything in need and Conrad was no exception.

They have been friendly flirtations, she told me....games like "try to figure out what I'm thinking" or music games to see what bands they both like or dislike. She loves the attention as I'm sure he does and thankfully admits she knows that they could never have anything more between them. Funny thing is.....The way she described what she was feeling brought me back to a time where I was vullnerable and believed that one particular on-line friend wanted me to spend my life with him. Unlike my sister, I had a very bad marriage at that time. She doesn't......so I don't believe anything bad could ever come of this innocent flirtation between them. But, shit happens! You never know.

"Take a step back" I told her. I'm concerned. She may fall into that same "starry eyed crap" I fell for because of her good heart and soul. She's much too kind for her own good....as was I, once upon a time. I'm actually afraid for her.

Of course I vowed not to tell a soul. I never said anything about my blog. After all, who the heck would anyone want to read this stupid boring thing anyway?

Trin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home