Monday, February 20, 2006

The weekend from hell....

Looking back on it all seems to be a blur.

It went by so quickly that I can hardly remember it (or is that I'm subconciously trying to block it out of my memory).

Saturday was nice. My mom, sister's and neices all met at this small restaurant in Mississauga for Jo-anne's baby shower. We had a great time just talking...and no, it wasn't a man bashing cluck fest either. It was more a "catching up on lost time" kinda get together. Jo-anne's baby shower wasn't the focus anymore. For me, it was gathering with the family I love most that in normal circumstances never have the chance to get together.
I left feeling rejuvinated and happy. Even though I would have loved my kids to have been there I'm kinda glad I had that free time to myself.

Sunday was a total bore. I didn't know anyone at the bridal shower except my two kids, my mother in law, sister in-law and a couple of Peter's cousins and Aunts. The whole event seemed to drag on for hours...and it did, literally. We arrived at 1:30 and didn't start eating lunch until 3pm. The shower games were so unorganized. Everything had to be repeated 3 times since it had to be translated in Italian, Spanish and English, and it was about 6:30 when they decided to start opening up the gifts. I was inches away from leaving when they announced that the sweet table would be open and that we were allowed to take some cookies to bring home. We basically got home around 7:45pm. Normally, we'd eat lunch, play some games and leave around 5pm. So you can imagine how livid I was as I'm sure everyone was to wait so long.

And, it's not like you can quietly sneek your way outta there when you have two kids with you either. *sigh*

Anyway, I'm going to have work at burning off everything that I ate over the weekend. The food was good at both events. A sinful endulgence....and now ....I'll have to prepare myself for the payoff.

Trin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home