Friday, March 03, 2006

Ode to leakage....

I would feel like a champ today because I put myself to bed shortly after 9pm last night, but I have this chest cold (feels more like bronchitis) that just won't get any better. I could have stayed up until 10 but thought my body needed the extra rest.

Thank God it's Friday. This week seemed to go by quickly but the days individually dragged on. No plans for the weekend but I've been thinking of visiting my mom since I haven't seen her since Joanne's shower. I'm sure she'll give me shit for not calling her, then hand me some frozen tupperwared, low fat (well, ....according to her) concoction she had whipped up the day before. lol

Ray is such an idiot sometimes. He's our VP and Gen Manager. Our skylight has been in need of major repair for years. Everytime they send someone to look at the problem I think it's finally going to be fixed and then years go by with no repair. We have buckets lined up everytime it rains, snows or hails. I've been taking them out and putting them back as the weather changed but I got tired after months of the same shit and just left them.
Well, Ray came by, took the buckets off the floor, looked at me and said "It hasn't rained in days." I had to quickly stop him to tell him I had to put out a bucket just yesterday and move the leather chair because someone had noticed drops on the damn thing from the ceiling leak. Then he mentioned putting a plant where we were getting the most leakage because the buckets look like crap. "Sure" I said after suggesting that idea for years with no approval. I also muttered "Why don't you just get the damn thing fixed properly, ya cheap bastard, and we wouldn't be havin' this problem now ...would we." under my breath....... of course.

I should also complain about how ugly my computer looks. Especially the monitor. If he's really concerned about company image then I should have a 17" black flat screen by Monday.

Trin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home