Thursday, March 09, 2006

My new car?

Pete has been talking about getting a new car for me for a while now....well, not exactly "new" but ...new to me. My Honda's getting all rusty and the tranny is in some need of repair and it's only a matter of time before it blows up leaving me stranded on the highway.

He came home last night and said that Joe (our neighbour) knows someone who wanted to scrap his car because he's had this noise problem that he claims he had repaired several times but nobody has managed to fix it and it's driving him crazy. Pete told him to come by because he was interested in buying it and the only image going through my mind was this:



I didn't even bother going outside to look at it after he said he bought it for $100.00. I wondered how long it was going to take him to get what he needed from the junker and get the damned thing off the bloody driveway. *sigh..yet another restoration project.




When I woke up this morning and walked outside I was delighted to see this:




Well, that's not really the pic of the car but it's pretty darn close! No rust at all!
It's also a 2 door which looks a bit more sporty. The only thing Pete has to change are the struts and it's actually good to go.

I'm actually shocked the owner of this car wanted to get rid of it which makes me think that it's either stolen, he's rich enough to buy a yacht or is a total idiot.


Either way, I'm happy but I'm not willing to give up my Honda so quickly. Even though it's in need of a good paint job, to me, it still runs well and takes me from A to B. It's low in insurance and comfortable to drive..... besides, I just got the windows tinted last year and it looks great. Well, to me.

Not to mention it has become like a husband to me. I know it's little quirks and if I kick it the right way, it'll do what I want.

Trin













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home