Monday, June 18, 2007

An emotional day...

I feel sick today. Physically tired and mentally drained. Geez, I can't remember the last time I felt this way.

Saturday was a good day. I got so much accomplished. I Even went in for my 2nd tattoo....don't worry, it's tastefully done. I had an ankle bracelet done to accompany my wrist bracelet. It's very cute flowery thing with two ladybugs and a bumble bee on it which signifies my two girls and ....well, I tell Pete the bumble bee is him but it's really me...lol I also had the Trinity symbol tattooed on the inside of my ankle which signifies the father, the son and the holy spirit. Maybe I'll post a pic here after it's all healed up.

We had my sister-in-law's daughter sleep over which was a nice surprise. She has been over once or twice since she was born. She's 3 now and a complete angel and my kids played well with her. We babysat to make things a bit easier for her mom who took the news of her father's death the worst out of her 6 other siblings.

I think I'm feeling this way because of yesterday's wake. It was a very emotional time even though I didn't know the man very well, I did know his family. His wife was always very kind to me and I must remind her of someone or something because when I saw her yesterday, she sobbed on my shoulder for at least a full 2 minutes while giving me the tightest embrace which, in turn, made me start sobbing.
Rita was the last in line. I told her while hugging her that she needed to be strong now and she confirmed that it was all her father ever wanted for her. It doesn't look like any of her siblings are talking to her. I'm sure her father wouldn't have approved of that.

Anyway, I'm back at work today and it's still on my mind. It seems like nothing I do will bring me out of this funk today.

Trin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home