Friday, June 15, 2007

......And it's Friday!

I think this had to be one of the longest weeks in history and I thank goodness it's over.

I had awoken to some sad news this morning.
Because I had gone to bed last night before Peter came home, on the kitchen counter was a note from him that said "Here's some beef jerky for Juliana. Believe it or not she loves this stuff. Oh and Antonella's father died."

Antonella's (my sister-in-law) father passed away but that wasn't the saddest part of the story. When Pete woke up this morning I had asked him how he passed away. Apparently, he had been fighting with Rita, one of his other daughters, last night about her drinking. Rita, who's gotta be in her mid 40's now, unmarried and has been living off of others now for a good portion of her life had come home drunk again after her off again/on again battle with alcoholism. He, in the midst of the arguement, had a fatal heart attack.
Sad. Very sad.

As I sit here thinking about it now, for Rita (the family's black sheep), her father's passing will either be a terribly good experience for her or a terribly bad one. She may find herself looking at this as a "calling" to finally get her life in order, or do just the opposite and kill herself out of sheer guilt. I'm really praying that she finds the help she needs.

So, for this weekend, it looks like I'll be attending the funeral of a lovely quiet man (much like my dad) who had raised 7 children, sadly leaving his wife of .....over 50 years (I think) and visiting my dad on father's day with more hugs and kisses than he had ever received in his entire life.

Trin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home