Monday, October 30, 2006

Stella's halloween party neighbours.

I don't know what to do next.
My sister had invited me to her neighbours Halloween party last Saturday night. A couple of days prior, I told him about it and said that I really don't care if I go or not but if you don't have any plans that I'd like to go. He said it'd be ok. I remember telling him that if it sucked that I'd be home early anyway.
Just before leaving I kissed the kids and made the mistake of telling Pete that I'd probably be home in a couple of hours thinking I wouldn't have a good time. Well, I had a great time. Met all of Stella's neighbours and friends and they're such great party people. I had a wonderful time dancing and socializing that I ended up leaving at around 2am.

Pete was furious when I got home that he didn't say a word to me. I went to bed and knew it was going to be another awful Sunday and prayed that it wouldn't last the whole day. It did.

To make a long story short, I bought myself a phone to make him feel more comfortable when going out. I hate cell phones! I feel like I'm checking in with my father. Geez, my own father didn't do that to me! Fine. If it makes him feel better about going out, fine. Maybe it'll set his mind at ease.
He thinks I don't care and I don't respect him enough to either come home at a decent hour or call him to let him know how I'm doing. I know he worries about me but this is rediculous! I'm a grown woman, not a teenager!
He feels as though I've bombarded him with all these rules now. I know it's just a matter of time until he gets used to the fact that he can't control me anymore. I just wonder if I can keep my head up about the waves. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it. Why bother? I know deep down that you can't change a person. He's going to have to want to change and it feels like I'm forcing him.

The saga continues tomorrow.
Trin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home