Thursday, October 26, 2006

What else is new?

I'm confused.
I thought the get together with my sister would have left me feeling better but all it did was make me feel like shit. We're obviously having similar problems with our husbands and we discussed them in detail for 5 hours. 2 cappucino's, 2 latte's, a 6" sweet chicken terriaki sandwich and countless smokes later, we came to the conclusion that our men are insensitive, uncaring bastards who need their mothers not their wives. What else is new?

We talked about how much easier it would be to live with another woman and played around with the idea of ditching our men and bunking together with our kids. We'd be there for each other emotionally, that's for sure. We'd have shared responsibilities around the house and wouldn't have to be told (or nagged) 20 times to do it.
But, when you think long and hard about it, there is a down side to the idea and it's not the physical or sexual lack I'm worried about because we also discussed the silmplicity of a celibate life..... but it would be more of the intimacy and romance between a man and woman that we'd miss. Intimacy....Romance....yeah, like I get loads of it now. Being swept off my feet is a daily occurance in my house. (insert rolley eyes here)

I got home at a decent hour considering that I had to go to work this morning. At 11pm I walked in finding Pete having a smoke at the kitchen table and he didn't say a word to me. He didn't even look my way. I asked how the kids did and what they ate and if the dogs were fed (which they weren't...not surprising) and he replied with short answers in a monotone. I made lunches for the next day while he layed on the couch and watched TV. I joined him 10 minutes later and soon after looked over to find him snoring away.

I lay there, eyes gazed over at the TV, not paying attention but glancing at the dancing images before me, thinking of everything that Stella and I talked about previously. She also asked me to come to one of her neighbours Halloween party this Saturday night but I know the mere mention of taking "his" Saturday night is going to have him in a tailspin. I'm still debating whether or not I want to fight that battle or if I have the energy to. My mind was still racing it was after 12am and I didn't feel the slightest bit tired.

How pathetic, I thought. He didn't ask me how my night went. He didn't ask about Stella and how she was doing. Fuckin' loser. He didn't even look at me which can only draw up one conclusion. He was pissed. About what?
I don't know... but I'm sure I'll find out tonight.

Trin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home