Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Inked...

As of Saturday May 27th 2006, I now walk among the brave who have permanantly inked their bodies with art. An ice blue star and moon within a sun is on the outside of my wrist and I've already received many compliments and questions as to why I did it.

Why did I do it?

I guess it's my lame attempt to be different from everyone else. I guess I felt a little "lost in a crowd" so to speak. I guess I want things in my life to change. I guess I'm going through a midlife crisis. I guess I'm totally fucked. lol No, that's not what I really told them. I guess you can count it as one of the many things I want to do before I die.

I never thought I'd actually go through with it but I did and I'm really happy about it. I keep looking at my work of art and feel a sense of peace within me.

The symbol actually means something beautiful and deep if you think about it.
When God made the universe he made the sun, moon and stars so that we'd never be in total darkness.
Fitting, don't you think? Especially when I feel like I'm in the dark about my life most of the time.

My mom doesn' t know about it yet. She's not going to be too happy but what's done is done. As a precaution though, I plan to wear my runners just in case she whips one of her slippers at me or even worse, chases me with the wooden spoon.

Trin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home