Friday, February 03, 2006

Session with Dr. Quack

The appointment to the therapist yesterday proved to be a waste of my time. I know it was my first session with this guy but you'd think by the end of it all he would have given me some advice, an outlook, something to think about, some friggen book to read....something that might have helped me! I was very disappointed leaving his office. Thoughts of him sitting there mocking me kept repeating themselves in my head.

I found Dr. Pupko to be cocky at times and a bit rude if you ask me.
I mentioned to him that my husband isn't the romantic type. "I don't think he ever was. Even before making love. " I said.
He said something along the lines of "You're setting yourself up for disappointment. If he wasn't ever romantic, then what makes you think he should be now?" ... Silence, looooong pause, and a deep breath as I restrain myself from hopping over his desk and choking him to the point of passing out....as I thought.... (Fucking typical man! They want sex but don't want to put in the effort!!). I said, "Well, the least he could do is try to be a little more romantic."

He went on about his psychobabble for about 10 minutes. Things I just had to tune out. He rambled on about how we think and how it affects our feelings and feelings affect our thinking....uggh! I pretended to be interested.
At the end of our session he says, "Ok, shall I book you in for next week ...same time?" and I said, "Well, does this have to be a weekly thing?" and he replied, "Well, that all depends on how depressed you are." That alone left me with a good enough reason not to see that quack again.

He's obviously looking for a "lifer" and Pete was right when he said, "All this guy wants is for you to fill his calendar so that he can earn his paycheck".

One good thing did come out of all of that though. He did get me thinking last night. I was thinking of how infatuation turns into friendship then friendship turns into love. I really do love Peter and after talking to him last night I felt that special bond between him and I, especially when he said "We'll fill out a calendar of events for us and maybe fill a jar with all our loonies and toonies so that we could save up for a trip." (It'll probably be next year until we take a trip but ....See? At least he's trying!)

Well, I'm back....well, at least my sanity is! lol Things are starting to look up for me again. Now, if I can only find a job that interests me so that I don't end up asleep on my keyboard....

Trin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home