Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Paging Dr. Pete....

Ok, now my husband thinks he's a doctor.
A psychiatrist to be exact. He was nagging at me to tell him what this doctor I'm seeing on Thursday will do for me that he can't help with. He honestly believes that this doctor will blame him for my depression and all the marital problems we've been having. He started rehashing the past and basically told me that he is the way he is because I made him that way.

He no longer "trusts" because of me.

I know I can't change what I did in the past but I honestly thought we got through and surpassed the most difficult bump in our marriage 6 yrs ago. He apparently brings it up every time we have an arguement or when I feel our marriage needs special attention.

Now I feel as though I need to see this doctor more than ever.

He still tried to talk me out of going even after explaining that people don't generally go see a psychotherapist to break up their marriage. People see them to save their marriages. I promised him that I wouldn't ever push him or force him to go even though I know very well that he should go (probably more than I do).

Anyway, on a happy side, Juliana is now today officially learning from Miss Sandra how to toilet train. I talked to her yesterday when picking Juliana up from day care about it and she said it was a great idea for her to start. So, this morning I brought in several changes of clothes and a big prayer in the hopes that Juliana will pick it up rather quickly.

Mrs. Josie, the day care coordinator just reminded me that I'll have to enroll Juliana in Kindergarden this year. I keep thinking she's too young but in actual fact, even though she's 3 now, she'll be 4 in December of this year which makes her elligible to start school in September. That's what I did with Danica but I'm debating whether or not to do that with Juliana.

Danica sometimes has to struggle when it comes to her class. Others in her class seem to be a whole year ahead of her sometimes and I really don't want Juliana to go through the same thing but I also know that she's as smart as a whip! She already knows her colours and shapes, is drawing stick people and knows how to write her name when prompted.

I guess I still have a bit of time to think about that one.

Trin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home