Thursday, January 12, 2006

Quick! Pass me a pillow

I could just about pass out right about now. I've been home with Juliana for the past two days. She's sick again....this time both her ears are infected and she's constantly coughing after I put her to bed. She's been coughing so hard that she has puked up everything in her little tummy and has often awoken drenched in sweat.
For the past two nights she's been sleeping with me ....and I use that word "sleeping" loosely.

The hubby's no help. I know I shouldn't be angry with him because when he is awake he does try and help out as much as he can but after he passes out for the night....best believe that he's in Iraq fighting the war cause you won't wake him even if you play the bugle in his ear.

Juliana must have awoken at least 5-6 times last night coughing then crying and even though Peter fell asleep on the couch which is basically right beside the girls' room, he just lay there snoring away.

We (my siblings and mom) used to joke about my dad being that way. He could be snoozing on the couch and the house could be robbed and vandalized without him knowing it. I can picture the thieves carrying out the big screen right out in front of him, spray painting on his bald forehead and him, awakening hours later, to a shell that was once a house.

Should I be mad because....... I am.

I attribute his heavy sleeping to his lack of worries not to habit or character. People who have nothing to worry about or worry less tend to sleep like a rock. Me, on the other hand, can wake up to the sound of a pin drop. I'm not really concious of my worrying but often find myself checking off the "done" list in my head before allowing myself to doze off.

You know what else they say about people like Pete. They tend to live long lives.
Excuse me while I pick out a nice cheap burial plot.

Trin

1 Comments:

Blogger Trinity said...

It's very sad to think there are more met out there like mine.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home