Monday, January 16, 2006

I'll have a large plate of relief with a side of guilt please.

I just came back to work after a very, very busy weekend.

Saturday's 79th birthday party for Dad went well. Now I know he's getting old. He complained about every gift he got ....lol Everybody came over as expected and Mom made her fattening italian eggplant parmasean. She gave me "the look" when I refused so I took one in my plate but passed it over to Pete who was more than willing to eat it. As a matter of fact he ate 3 more after that.
I hate doing that to her but I find myself at my strongest when I'm with my family. I know they're all looking at what I'm eating because they again commented on how great I'm looking. I just hate letting mom down when it comes to refusing what she's made though.

Sunday was awful.
Angel's and Nicky's birthday party was a day long event. Got there at 1pm and I didn't eat anything except my yogurt, some cherries for breakfast and my bar for snack. By lunch I was starving!
I should have known better. I should have eaten something before we had left but by that time we had to go cause I hate being late.

She had all the usual snacks and I was happy to see a very large veggie tray but with what looked like a cream cheese dip. I started eating the raw peppers and carrots but then found myself picking at the cheese and crackers. I soon found myself eating a slice of whole wheat chicken pizza. I know....it could have been worse....and it did.
By the time everyone got there she had everything on the table. Breaded veal, baked/stuffed pasta shells, fried cauliflour and panini, salad drenched in cesear dressing ....uggh.....now, she did have strawberries and fruit afterwards and then of course, cake.

Needless to say, I was off course all day but surprisingly I didn't feel as bloated as I would have thought. The only thing I'm peeved about is that I can't understand how someone as self concious about health can serve these things to her guests. I know...I did that once (serve the most fattening of foods) but I quickly learned that I have to have a variety for those who'd prefer not to over-endulge in those kinds of foods. After all, who are you really hurting when serving only garbage? I don't want to do that to the ones I love.

When I got home it was around 7:30pm so I had 1/2 a turkey sandwich and salad for dinner. I know I'm not going to be too pleased with this week's weigh in but I'm praying that it won't be too bad since I'll be exercising during my lunch hour today.

When we left, Antonella gave the kids a treat bag to take home and gave me an envelope. When I opened it in the car, it revealed a pic of the kids at birth with their full names. Strange that I never knew they had second names until now.
My SIL is strange. She also included her maiden name along with her married name for both the kids and I guess she must have too much time on her hands (or she's got everyone on her side of the family helping her) because nobody in their right mind would have this much time and money after having twins to have enough time to come up with giving us photo after professional photo of her kids (as adorable as they are).

Gee, does it sound like I'm jealous? I'm not.
I could never be that superficial and constantly gloat about my kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home