Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Happy Birthdays!

January has always been the busiest month for me. It seems like the birthday's never end.

After celebrating Peter's 35th on Dec 29th, we celebrated my father-in-laws 65th, my father's 80th and the twins' 2nd. My mother-in-laws is sometime next week...I believe on the 22nd. I'd better check with Pete on that one.

Well, I'm really at a loss for words today but I'd just like to add that the look on my dad's face was priceless after Angie (my oldest sister) had read the card we all signed for him. He was actually in tears and I have to say, that moment was the very first time I had ever seen my dad cry. Happy tears of course.

On the drive over there I couldn't help but to think of how my dad had always considered himself a very un-lucky man. He had to work hard for everything he had ever wanted. He never won anything or had anything handed down to him and he told us many times that he would never spend his money on lottery tickets because he knew he'd never win.
Well, as I sat there mid-lunch I couldn't help but notice how wonderfully blessed my dad is to have such a wonderful family. His kids are all happy and healthy. None of us had ever turned to drugs or alcohol or been arrested. We all turned out pretty much ok. He's of course happy and healthy himself so that makes him one of the wealthiest 80yr olds I know.

Trin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home