Friday, September 29, 2006

The Low Down...& Happy Birthday who ever you are!

Alot of shit going down and it's all starting after work today.

Taking the kids to a movie since Pete's going to the track. Yes. Today. ON MY BIRTHDAY! I should mind...shouldn't I? I would have, years ago but I really don't give a shit anymore. He could forget our anniversary now and I wouldn't care. I'm not expecting flowers or a gift either. It's much more disappointing when you expect something that never arrives.
I see it this way...as long as I'm doing something that makes me happy ie: taking the kids to the movies on my birthday, he could do whatever the fuck he wants. Being with him on special occasions isn't on my list of priorites anymore. If it doesn't bother him, why should I let it bother me? Right?

So, the kids and I are going to have some fun. They want to watch "How to eat fried worms" which reminds me...I'd better do some investigating to find out where it's playing.

Tomorrow (Sat) is cleaning day and I have a shitload to do. Washing floors, laundry..the list goes on and on. Maybe I can get the kids some new indoor shoes for school as well.

Sunday's a bit more exciting. I'm meeting Maia and her mom in the afternoon. It should be great since I'll be leaving the kids with Pete and I'm out of the house. Giddy about the upcoming James Blunt concert this Tuesday. Giddy (snort)....more like ....out of my "teenaged" mind! I can't friggen wait!
I guess you can say that I've given myself the best birthday present ever! 3rd Row at the ACC. (taking a deep breath) Turning 37 is still unbelievable since I still feel like I'm 27. And, with that breath, as I blow out my candles, I'll be wishing for a second meeting with the man who has brought some joy and countless (good) tears into my life. Hopefully, this time won't be as disappointing as the last. I won't be at a loss for words this time around and I'm praying he'll be a bit more responsive toward me as well. I know the possibility is highly unlikely but there's nothing wrong with a bit of wishing and trying ...well, for THIS anyway. hehe

Trin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home