Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Losing it.

As you've probably read in my previous posts, I'm a diet nut. In the past 3 yrs I've managed to lose 45lbs and keep it off successfully with the help of one thing or another.

The problem I'm having now is that I'm slacking. Not on my exercise because I still manage to put in an hour at least 4 days a week of cardio and weight training but my food intake isn't as clean as it should be and I can't seem to find the motivation I once had.
I have issues.
I'm lazy. I plan my daily intake of meals but find myself not wanting to on the weekends.

I'm a sneeky garbage disposal. I eat whatever the kids don't eat without anyone noticing and think it's ok.

I overendulge. I finish the leftovers at the end of a meal just so that I don't have any leftovers in the fridge.

I have a love/hate relationship with chocolate. That's self explanitory. I love the taste but don't like the bulge.

I need a gourmet chef. My food is boring and bland and I just love going out to eat. Hey, you eat the same thing for 3yrs and tell me you still like it.

I'm not Ms. Olympia! I certainly don't want to be known as the family bodybuilding/fitness freak (err...it may be too late for this one).

I look good. Yep, I do and I know it. That's my problem. I can't find the motivation I once had when I started 3 yrs ago. Well, 3yrs ago I had just given birth to Juliana and I was overweight and I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without huffing and puffing half way up. I realize that I can live with the way I look now. I'm not completely satisfied with it but I can live with it but ...is that really enough for me? Part of me says yes and part of me says no.

When does one decide to see a professional for a problem like this because I think I'm losing it.

Trin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home