Thursday, March 23, 2006

A proper James Blunt review...


Set list as follows:

Breath
Billy
High
Cry
Goodbye my Lover
Coz I love you
Tears and Rain
I Really Want You
Out of My Mind
No Bravery
Same Mistake
Wise Men
So Long Jimmy

Encores: Where is my mind and You're Beautiful

I think we who attended were very lucky to see James perform in such a small venue as Massey Hall when we know that he'd no doubt fill the ACC with ease.

I'm sure James is accustomed to the occasional outburst of "I love you's". If nothing more than flattering, James should see it as a way to interact with his audience. After all, we're not attending an Opera! But, saying that, I'm glad security kept everyone in their seats. It would have made it very difficult for someone like me who's 5'2 to see his wonderful performance. The only thing I had to frown upon was the gentleman (and I use the term loosly) singing along to GML loudly and terribly off key...but I just had to laugh. I wonder if he knows how bad his really was. lol

Musically, James did have a tough time singing the high notes as he was a bit hoarse. I'm sure due to all the interviews, shows and ongoing tour. (We in Toronto loved you anyway James!) Simply a fanominal performance. (Take it from this harsh music critic). The new songs he performed will undoubtedly join YB to be number one hits when his next recording hits the shelves. Can't wait!

It took dedication, persistance and a shitload of luck but I had the pleasure of meeting him and the band for a brief moment after the show. I am in no means a "groupie" but wanted so badly to see greatness up close and was surprisingly a little star struck when seeing him next to me. After humbly giving me an autograph or two, I left with some great memories and am very greatful to have had the pleasure.
I also thanked my lucky stars that I took the following day off work. lol

Definately looking forward to seeing him back in November!

Trin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home