Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A Domino Day...

Ever have one of those Domino days? You know, when you wake up in the morning just to make one tiny mistake in your daily routine and everything else goes to hell? Yep, this morning was one of those days.

I had forgotten to turn on my alarm last night, probably due to the fact that I was up late playing a terribly addictive game of the Sims. Thankfully I was only 20 minutes off my normal routine but who would have guessed that 20 minutes could affect my entire day?

I got Juju ready for school and when putting on my jacket, I noticed that the hook for my button was missing. Well, worse things have happened so I really didn't think much of it but I swore to hell and it's mother as I stepped outside. It was fucking cold and windy and it sure would have been nice to have my jacket closed.
10 minutes into driving, I went to reach for my daily grab of my coffee mug as I was making a left so that it wouldn't spill and it was nowhere to be found. I had made the biggest mistake EVER! I had visions of my beautifully filled coffee mug on my kitchen counter. It was so lonely....it was calling me, urging for me to turn around but alas...... I couldn't. Tears welled up in my eyes as I drove further and further away from my beloved caffeine.

At that point I thought that if I would just make it to the day care and drop off Juju without lingering around like I normally do, then I could pick up an X-large Timmys. The little one didn't like that idea but I had to leave her a bit earlier than usual... in the name of sanity.

Luckily, I had quickly gotten over the feeling of coffee betrayal as I held my warm, aromatic, freshly brewed cup of Timmy's love in my hands. lol

Ok, enough of this silliness. I'm having a little problem with May (my 10 month old schnoodle). She has been really misbehaving lately so I read up on correction collars and bought one that gives a small shock (it doesn't hurt but just startles) at the press of a button. Well, long story short...it doesn't work. I may have to change the small prongs to the big ones or raise the shock level or something.
It's a shame. I was going to buy one for Danica (my 9 yr old) to correct her mouthiness towards me but I guess I'm going to have to go back to my conventional methods of torchure now.

Trin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home