Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Holy crap! Where do I begin?

Yes, it has been almost a year since I've posted anything here. I almost forgot I had this account. What pulled me here today, I'll never know.

Let's see. Yes, Peter and I went to counselling. Ended up after 5 sessions having to agree that even through all the fighting we're the best of friends. Can I live with that? I'm going to ...for the sake of my children. Financially, it's not a feesable option to leave either.

I've pondered many things this past year. My yo-yo'ing weight, my relationship with my husband, the kids, the house, the car, money, my job, my sanity....
I've decided not to fight anymore but to embrace his hobby and treat it like my own and possibly, just possibly find it to be one that I'd like to pursue. So.... I asked him to build me a car for the track. One that he could teach me to drive and in the process, hopefully become closer.
My 70 Camaro is now sitting in my trailer on the driveway with about 8 passes on it already. My first time out was with his 89 z28 and I went 11.87 seconds at 121 miles per hour. My last pass... a quick 10.57 seconds at 130 mph. Not too shabby, huh?

I'm proud of myself for actually doing it. I never thought I'd have the balls to get my ass behind the wheel and go that fast but, I did. I just chalk it up to positive self talk which goes something along the lines of "I'm not afraid to die". The pedal is plasterd to the floorboard when I think like that.
Sometimes I regret it. I regret having to "give into" his obsession and try to make it my own. I say "give in" because it's not me. It was never my "thing"...it's his. And there are other times I feel as though this racing is the only thing that will keep us together. A hobby we can both enjoy.

Summers almost over....then what are we going to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home