Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tonight's the night...

Tonight's the night both Peter and I go to couples counseling. I'm going to say that I'm nervous and frightened for both myself and the Dr. I hope Peter can restrain his anger if something he dislikes is said. He told me he'd actually get up and walk out if this Dr. starts pointing fingers and I reassured him that that's not what they do. (I hope).

We'll see how this goes. I have the strangest feeling we're not going to get anything accomplished in this first session even though I desperately want to know (for my own sanity) if this marriage is worth hanging on to. Pete's been so selfish that I don't know if is willing to bend. I can see things getting better during the winter months but come spring, he'll be the same car/track obsessed person he was this past summer.

Oh, on a different note....I'm truly convinced that his temper has something to do with the build up of hormones in his pelvic region. We had sex two nights ago and we haven't fought since. He actually spent all day with me Saturday even though he didn't do much around the house until I asked him. Even so, it's very ...very, so not Peter.

Well, I'm not going to expect much tonight unless by some miracle the good Dr. shows Peter the light.

Trin

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Hi Trinity,
I hope all went well for you at couples counseling. I'm thinking about you and if I were a religious person, I would say that I was praying that things improved for you, but as I am not, those thoughts are being put out to the Universe. Stay safe.

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home