Friday, July 27, 2007

Finally free...

It's Friday and I'm feeling really good.
I had a little chat with my sister yesterday and it seemed to bring me out of my funk.

She helped surface everything I was suppressing.
I deserve to be loved and Dany had his chance long ago. He lost something very special that he'll never have again and even though our relationship and friendship at the time was something I'll always treasure, we have both evolved into different people. In reality, I don't know who he is anymore. It just didn't pan out and I'm ok with it now. I accept it.

I do thank him for helping me 'wake up' long ago. That I shouldn't be shy and afraid of what people think of me. I've changed and I suppose he has as well.
Come to think of it, looking at the pics Cheryl has posted, I have a strange feeling that she and I could become good friends ...well, in different circumstances of course. She looks like a very down to earth, friendly, party girl but don't get me wrong....I'd never do anything now to contact either of them. I'm happy that he's happy. There's nothing more important really.

Whew! I've finally flown away and it feel liberating...almost surreal. I can't believe it took this long but I can honestly say that I'm finally free. Know how I can tell? I can now look at his picture and smile.

Trin

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I believe that saying about how it's better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all. Of course the loss part can be deeply painful, but I'm glad to hear that you're making your peace with it.

I like the thought of you smiling, so please keep doing it as often as you can.

Sitting here smiling back at you,

Chris

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home